SCREENSTAGE TUITION: PLAYWRITING FOR THE STAGE
FOR ASPIRING WRITERS WHO WISH TO LEARN HOW TO ADAPT THEIR WORK INTO A FORMATTED PROFESSION
PLAYWRITING FOR THE STAGE
Combines practical exercises and discussion
Learn key elements of writing for the stage - including narrative development, theatrical development, character progression and structure. The synopsis can be from a stage play you have already written, one you are currently writing or one you would like to write.
The synopsis should be no more than 250 words long If you’ve never written a synopsis before don’t be put off, all you need to do is break your idea down into three brief paragraphs:
- The first paragraph deals with what happens at the beginning of your play
- The second paragraph deals with what happens in the middle of your play
- The third paragraph deals with what happens at the end of your play
As well as your synopsis we’d also like to know a little bit about you.
- What (if anything) have you written before?
- What do you want to write about?
- What do you hope to get from completing the course?
- What is your favourite play - why do you like it?
- Are you able to commit to attending all of the Course sessions?
We are keen to receive applications from writers of all experience levels. Whether you’re completely new to writing or just new to writing for the stage, this course will ignite your passion for playwriting.
DURING THE COURSE
Work with your tutor, Screenstage Studios' Artistic Director, who is highly experienced in scriptwriting, having already brought a substantial number of successful plays to the theatre stage. Specialising in the chosen areas of writing for theatre, you will create a complete script of your own.
Participate in workshops, work on script development and theatre technique towards completing your material for a final reading of your work. This Course allows you to develop your scriptwriting skills, experimenting with styles and genre, and also in developing your critical and analytical skills.
WHAT WILL YOU STUDY?
The course is split into four blocks.
- Block 1 centres on a critical and analytical approach to scriptwriting, at the end of which you will create a proposal and the first ten pages of a script. You will then workshop your script.
- Block 2 Writing for the Stage: what is required from your script and how it should be adapted to suit the performance environment.
- Block 3 allows you to concentrate on the completion of a full script. Using your ten-page script, you will have the opportunity to create a full-length script and in ...
- Block 4 your work will be explored and your script will be assessed towards possibly being used for a production of your short play. The Course is ideal for emerging writers as well as individuals with suitable levels of writing experience and academic skill.
Your knowledge of the practice of scriptwriting will be extended to a detailed and complex level, you will develop sophisticated methods of reflecting upon and critically evaluating writing, and nurture an increased understanding about the nature of your continuing creativity.
To receive an Application Form with dates for this Course -please email: email@example.com
© ™Full Copyright Screenstage Studios All Rights Reserved